Who we are
Cumbernauld Poverty Action is a not for profit charity registered in Scotland (OSCR Number SC035818). Our aims are to provide advice, advocacy, guidance and training to people in the Cumbernauld and Kilsyth area affected by poverty and/or disability.
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What Data Do We Collect?
Cumbernauld Poverty Action collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name and email address)
- Website data (including information about your browser, device and your IP address).
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Cumbernauld Poverty Action with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Voluntarily submit a Contact Us form on our website.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
- Contact us by email or social media.
Cumbernauld Poverty Action may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Through partner agency referrals.
How will we use your data?
Cumbernauld Poverty Action collects your data so that we can:
- Provide any services that you request from us.
- Prevent the misuse of our services.
- Meet our legal requirements.
Cumbernauld Poverty Action will not share your data with any of our partner agencies without your express permission to do so.
How do we store your data?
Cumbernauld Poverty Action securely stores your data at:-
The Muirfield Centre
1a South Muirhead Road
Cumbernauld Poverty Action will keep your information for two years. Once this time period has expired, we will destroy any physical or electronic copies of data that we still hold on you.
Cumbernauld Poverty Action would like to send you information about our services and fundraising activities in the future. You have the right at any time to stop Cumbernauld Poverty Action from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for updates on our activities, please contact us using the information below.
What are your data protection rights?
Cumbernauld Poverty Action would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The Right to Access
- You have the right to request Cumbernauld Poverty Action for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification
- You have the right to request that Cumbernauld Poverty Action correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Cumbernauld Poverty Action to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure
- You have the right to request that Cumbernauld Poverty Action erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing
- You have the right to request that Cumbernauld Poverty Action restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing
- You have the right to object to Cumbernauld Poverty Action processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability
You have the right to request that Cumbernauld Poverty Action transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us at: 01236 729520
Or write to us: Cumbernauld Poverty Action, The Muirfield Centre, 1a South Muirhead Road, Cumbernauld. G67 1AX.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Understanding how you use our website
- To prevent the sending of malicious electronic communications (spam).
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Necessary – Cumbernauld Poverty Action uses these cookies to enable core functionality such as security, network management and accessibility. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.
- Analytical – Cumbernauld Poverty Action uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com
Call us: 01236 729520
Or write to us at: Cumbernauld Poverty Action, The Muirfield Centre, 1a South Muirhead Road, Cumbernauld. G67 1AX
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Cumbernauld Poverty Action has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office:
Telephone: 0303 123 1115
Address: The Information Commissioner’s Office – Scotland, 45 Melville Street, Edinburgh. EH3 7HL.